Hey!

Welcome to my blog. It's for the "Six Items or Less" challenge. So basically, I choose six articles of clothing and besides underwear and jackets and shizz, I can only wear these six items for two weeks. The original challenge is for a month but this two week trial is for my sociology class. As required for this project, I have created a blog here (taa daa!) and will update at minimum, once a day and have three pictures per week. So that's what this is. Have fun, read my blog if you care about clothing or society and experiments on going against the norm. Or don't. I don't care.

S. Dorsey, 6th period

Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 08-Purple Haze

Day Eight
Monday




The Ensemble
Clothes: My white jeans, which I think are holding up remarkably well, considering they could have stained with the ink that always gets onto my hands or gotten dingy, despite the washings. My purple pullover, which made my theme of the day, apparently, purple.
Shoes: My sparkly silver ones with the zippers with black socks for a more layered look.
Scent: Valerian and lavender, rubbed between my wrists like perfume. It's a musky smell and I absolutely love it.
Accessories: The new hairstick, which will discussed more in the "hair" section.
Jewelry: My silver faerie ring on my right hand and my two charmed necklace, as always, but then also my sparkly purple earrings that dangle almost to my shoulders.
Makeup: Okay, let me start out by saying that I really don't do makeup much so when I try, it usually doesn't turn out well. So after fiddling with a smoky purple eyeshadow and purple eyeliner, I said "screw this!", tossed my hands up in the air, and dusted a sparkly purple eyeshadow across my eyelids (stardust, by Urban Decay, for those who care), slapped on a thin layer of mascara (yes, even after my "mascara" rant), and used the same dark lipstick I've been wearing this whole challenge.
Hair: I saved the best for last! I finally get to wear my beautiful new hairstick! So, first, I had to twist my hair into a bun. I made a bun but I took some of my bangs out so they could hang loose and frame my face. And sine my hair isn't overly long, considering the style I'm trying to pull off, I'm going to worry whenever I wear the hairstick that it will fall right out of my hair!
Overall Style: I'm not totally sure. I mean, I have the fancy earrings and the hairstick and the white jeans are nicer than the black ones, but I also have my casual kicks: the zippered ones. So I don't know how I would describe my style overall, today. Just different, I guess. Hopefully, in a good way.




Hairstick
I got mixed reactions on the hairstick. Most were positive ("Oh, that's pretty!"). Some people were just confused ("Why do you have a chopstick in your hair?"). All I know, is that I found it rather complimentary to my dangling purple earrings. People liked it, for the most part. At the very least, people commented on it and stared at it. And it made it so I couldn't blend into the background.







created by and displayed on magickalgraphics
Hallowe'en
I'm excited for Hallowe'en. On Sunday, the last day of this challenge, I'll be wearing cat ears and a fox tail. That's as close as I can get to a costume for the costume party I'm attending. Cat ears and a fox tail are accessories, right? And on Hallowe'en itself? I don't know what I'll be doing.

I don't generally wear costumes on Hallowe'en because it was rooted in a very serious holiday. Samhain was a celebration of the god of death, the new year (back before Augustus and Julius Ceasar both said "hey, I deserve a month named after me", there were ten months and the last day of October would have been the last day of the year), and those who had passed away, especially those who had died within the past year. So I tend to wear black dresses, the dark blue scarf my brother gave me, and the necklace he gave me. I tend to treat Samhain with the seriousness death deserves.

However, I am excited for my goofy Halloween party. So, more on that Sunday! Speaking of Hallowe'en! A homeroom teacher of one of my friends is dressing up as a character from the Last Herald Mage trilogy (the one "Tayledras") is from. It's a fantastic series; I think fantasy fans should try it.




Dropped?
One of my classmates, who declined to do the 621, asked me if I had dropped out because he though I hadn't worn my clothes today before. Well, not together, but I definitely had! I think it's cool that the clothing, when put together in a different way, seem like a totally new thing. Something never tried, never attempted. Like snow: unbroken, pure white, magnificent.



Zhai'helleva,
S. Dorsey. 6th period.

No comments:

Post a Comment