Hey!

Welcome to my blog. It's for the "Six Items or Less" challenge. So basically, I choose six articles of clothing and besides underwear and jackets and shizz, I can only wear these six items for two weeks. The original challenge is for a month but this two week trial is for my sociology class. As required for this project, I have created a blog here (taa daa!) and will update at minimum, once a day and have three pictures per week. So that's what this is. Have fun, read my blog if you care about clothing or society and experiments on going against the norm. Or don't. I don't care.

S. Dorsey, 6th period

Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 12-Sorrows and Speeches

Day Twelve
Friday



The outfit
Clothing: My blue pencil skirt over charcoal tights and my black boat neck top.
Shoes: My funky zippered kicks, which zetta don't go with anything else I'm wearing but I couldn't really care in the slightest.
Makeup: My dark lipstick. No eye makeup today, obviously; if I'm going to be talking about John to the class, I'd smear it.
Accessories: The dark blue scarf my brother gave me. Sometimes, I shake it out and wrap it around my shoulders so that it's nice and tight and warm and I close my eyes and breath it in and pretend it's really my brother giving me a hug. But then I open my eyes and I'm just looking at a scarf.
Jewelry: The silver ring and dangly purple earrings. My brother's dog tag on a silver chain and the necklace he gave me for my birthday, thick ropes of metal wrapping around each other and clinging to my neck.
Hair: Loose, bangs tucked back behind my ears.




Eye makeup
I didn't wear eye makeup today because I knew I would cry a little when I talked about my brother.One of my friends, who is in the same class, also didn't wear eye makeup today. I warned her. So I wanted to thank Zebwa and everyone else who actually listened, and not just sat there. I wanted to thank everyone who cried (I saw your eyes get wet- Mr. Best Hair!) because that meant you were understanding, not just hearing words. I can't name you all if I wanted to but thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you everyone. And thank you, Mrs. Amy Farrah Fowler, because I would not have stepped forward to do this and it was good for the class to hear.



Dog Tag
Have you ever worn a dog tag and had someone come up to you and shake your hand? Have you ever worn a dog tag and had someone give you a hug in the hallway? It's a truly marvelous thing.

I thought it was funny that I talked about my brother today. First of all, it's the last day of Red Ribbon week. Second of all, it's  26th. My brother was born on a 26th and died on a 26th, though thankfully not the same month.


The folded flag and shell casing from 21 gun salute- photographed by me




Ave atque vale,
S. Dorsey, 6th period


No comments:

Post a Comment