Hey!

Welcome to my blog. It's for the "Six Items or Less" challenge. So basically, I choose six articles of clothing and besides underwear and jackets and shizz, I can only wear these six items for two weeks. The original challenge is for a month but this two week trial is for my sociology class. As required for this project, I have created a blog here (taa daa!) and will update at minimum, once a day and have three pictures per week. So that's what this is. Have fun, read my blog if you care about clothing or society and experiments on going against the norm. Or don't. I don't care.

S. Dorsey, 6th period

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Accessorizing?

Accessorizing?

For me "accessorizing" has always been something that the "ultras", (the ultra popular, the ultra pretty, and the ultra stuck up). It was rare for my shoes to even match my outfit. I don't care about how I look. And then, my grandmother goes and takes me to go get shoes and clothes (I desperately needed more of both) and I see these... cute things. Like I always do. I mean, cute clothes and shoes are always there. That's normal. But unlike normal times, I decided to get them. I don't know why and I don't think that it has anything to do with the 621 (six items, two weeks, 1 challenge) but it might. All I know, is that when I got back home, my grandma gave me some jewelry and I already know what outfits each piece is going to go with. And I'm a little excited. I don't normally dress up and I kinda like it. I like feeling pretty- it doesn't happen often. I have great self eeteam and I usually try to stay invisible. But it looks like that's not gonna happen for a couple of weeks. I'm excited. I'm nervous. And I'm so ready.


For some reason, I don't think my cat ears will go with my new, fancy outfits. Eh?
But I do have some accessories, after much scrounging and a few much appreciated gifts (some old gifts, some new).

I have new earrings- but I told you about them already. They're beautiful. Dangle-y, sparkly, PURPLE. I'll probably end up wearing them every day. Especially because I love the way they chime and clink when I shake my head. Absolutely love it. So, be on the look out for that.

I also have a set of earrings and a necklace that I love-blue butterflies and little pearls. My grandmother gave it to me for my birthday last year and I completely love it. The only problem is that  the earrings are zetta (remember "zetta"? It means mega, ultra, uber, etc) heavy. They can hurt after a while. They're some stone- beautiful, pure, real, stunning -but, unfortunately, as I said, heavy, and I don't know what kind of stone it is. But it's beautiful.

Then, there's The Ring. My grandmother gave it to me a while ago- for some band concert or school dance or something exciting. It's funky and angular and sparkly. I don't do it justice, of course, and I'm usually rather articulate but it's truly lovely. The gems (a large one on the top and small ones on the sides) are crystal clear and... the color of hope. Sparkly, sparkly hope.

My maternal grandparents love to travel so I also have a wooden bracelet- hand painted and hand carved and decorated with animal prints. It's funky- I'll pair it with my cheetah print shoes.

Speaking of animal prints- a zebra print scarf, light and see though as a faerie's wing, with parts dyed a lovely pink.

I have a blue scarf (the same blue as my pencil skirt) that my brother gave me. It's surprisingly warm, decorated beautifully in darker blue and black, and means a lot to me since my brother gave it to. It reminds me of him, and when I wrap it around my shoulders to stave off the cold, I just pretend that it's him, a big brother hugging his little sister and then (because it's him) throwing a snowball at me because I threw one at him first. It matches my skirt, as I said, and it'll add more color to a darker wardrobe for this challenge. As a side note- when my brother gave it to me, he thought it was purple (he was color blind) and when I told him it was blue, he was devastated. But, as I told him then and still believe, it's a beautiful scarf and the thought behind it made it that much more so.

My brother also gave me a necklace that I really like. It's twisted strands of silver and beauty that fall flat against my skin. It's not shiny or fancy or anything like that but it's pretty and my brother gave it to me.

Last but not least: I got two malachite pieces of jewelry  A necklace of malachite beads-it's absolutely beautiful- and a matching bangle bracelet. The necklace is rather heavy but the bracelet isn't so it might not be real malachite or maybe just plated with malachite. But either way, they're both gorgeous.

Malachite necklace from Ruby Lane

Until next time,
S. Dorsey, 6th period

No comments:

Post a Comment