Hey!

Welcome to my blog. It's for the "Six Items or Less" challenge. So basically, I choose six articles of clothing and besides underwear and jackets and shizz, I can only wear these six items for two weeks. The original challenge is for a month but this two week trial is for my sociology class. As required for this project, I have created a blog here (taa daa!) and will update at minimum, once a day and have three pictures per week. So that's what this is. Have fun, read my blog if you care about clothing or society and experiments on going against the norm. Or don't. I don't care.

S. Dorsey, 6th period

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Day 10-Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

Day Ten
Wednesday


Almost there! The time is just flying, flying, flying by. Isn't it?




The Run-Down
Clothes: Black V-neck top, black jeans. Black socks.
Shoes: My funky zippered ones. I've fallen in love with them.
Makeup: None, not even lipgloss.
Accessories: My pink and zebra print scarf. No one said it looked like I was bleeding from the neck this time so that's good at least?
Jewelry: Just my silver ring. My necklace would have been hid by the scarf anyways.
Other: If anyone wondered about the little wooden box I carried around today... Yes, it does say it holds tea. No, it doesn't anymore (though it still smells good). Remember the little origami stars I told y'all about? I figured out how to make them, constructed a few dozen, and handed them out to all my friends with little star related quotes scrawled on note cards.




photographed for and posted on kraftykid
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
So, first of all, yes, I did learn how to make the stars. I did indeed. Yes I did. In a day. Uh huh. I will give you a moment to shower me with praise. No? Well, your loss. I'm kidding, I promise. Making little paper stars isn't overly impressive and the ones I made kept falling to bits and getting deformed.

It's because, if you didn't know, I hand cut the strips of paper. They weren't the right thickness and the lines are uneven. Which is why I bought strips of origami paper from a lovely lady on Etsy. While hers are also handcut, they're not done in a few seconds with a pair of old scissors while she's walking to the busstop. Or, at least, I should hope not! Anyways, so I'll be getting lots of colored paper to make stars with and hopefully they'll turn out better. I really hope so, since I plan on giving one of my friends a little glass bottle filled with them for Christmas, if I can figure out how to make them all nice and pretty.

My little origami stars are making me into a big star fan. I already had glow in the dark stars in my room (not left over from my childhood, put up this past summer because they're beautiful!) but now I want star shaped earrings (Etsy has glow in the dark star shaped jewelry!) and star stickers on my notebooks. Mostly, though, I just want the strips of paper so that I can make more stars!


Is It Hot In Here Or...
Is it just me or is it BOILING outside. Why the frack is it so bloody hot at the end of October?  Last year, I was shivering as I dropped candy in kids' waiting pumpkin baskets. And now, I'm in long sleeves and dying as I wait outside at the bus stop or sit in my desk at school. It's driving me crazy.





But besides the heat craze? Nothing. Nothing's happening. The challenge is winding down, highly anticlimactic and leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Nothing's new. Nothing's changing. Nothing's different or special or unique or beautiful or anything. I've just been repeating clothing. What's that supposed to teach me? I learned some and I became more confident because now I know I can wear nice clothing... and maybe I'm expecting too much- but I'm largely dissatisfied.




Zhai'helleva,
S. Dorsey, 6th period

No comments:

Post a Comment